domingo, 18 de marzo de 2007

My Family

My two first entries to the blog where related with the subjects we saw in class: one was about Ernest Hemingway and the other about the article “You 2.0”. But also, through these works, I will talk about persons or characters that have been with me over very pleasant (and not so much) experiences I have lived, over facts and events that have impacted me. But all this, will always be related with my personal view and with the moral and intellectual relation I make with the rest of the people or things. And all this is born with my education and it is centered pure and exclusively on what is, until today, the hub of my life: my family. This is why it is my first personal theme I want to talk about. Because everything that comes up from now on, will always be related with them.

Growing and developing is not simple and I know that many times it is not very gratifying, but it’s not my case. Precisely because looking around me I can value more what I have. The solid and indestructible bases that I have acquired during these years are the ones that let me walk with confidence towards the future.

Sometimes, different circumstances make people go over situations that mark them in their growth, for example: my father is an only child of separate parents since he was three years old. He surely lived a lot of grieves and sadness over his childhood, but he learned about this and I also learn from him. Because, from this unfavorable facts, the person gets an apprenticeship or it starts being resentful. Surely, there will always be a deep sadness in my dad, but that never stopped him from being the honest, affectionate, responsible and excellent person he is today. It does not mean that everything is easy and simple, but the important thing is that further than all the discussions and the different point of views, I knew that his love and affection where always there for me.

He had everything in the economical aspect, but he suffered a lot with his feelings. However, he is what I can say “THE” father.

My mother, despite all the economic vicissitudes, had better times. With few material things, but with all the love, affect and respect of her family achieved all the things she had proposed to herself: she managed to do her secondary school in a nearby town, when she hadn’t in hers, she could grow as a person because of the invaluable help from my grandfather Telmo and my grandmother Eugenia. She got into the university and obtained her title in a city 150 km far from her town, working 12 hours a day and using all free time and vacations available to take the exams. And all that effort didn’t resented her, but made her valorize more everything she had gotten and what she become afterwards, using all that on what is today “MY MOM”.

As you can see, two life histories completely different and opposite. However a same result: two excellent persons for me. This teaches me that the adversities always exist in a way or another, but we must learn from them and in spite everything we can, and we must go on. My sister and I grew up in the bosom of a strong family, constantly compromised with all of our economic, spiritual and moral needs. Which, I’m sure guarantees us, conjunctly with education, acquire success in anything that we propose ourselves to do. It does not mean that the road would be easy and we would have a smooth path, but you know what? I can see myself reflected on Jaime Barilko’s thought. I don’t lose my way, the lines that demarcate it gave me confidence and I know precisely where I have to recourse to when I’m disoriented, because I have in my family the compass that will always take me to my destiny.

1 comentario:

CAL dijo...

Nice heart-felt entry on your loved ones, Gina. You could explore telling stories about your family. You could create characters based on them, and give them a new setting, yet keeping the family events that I'm sure you dearly cherish. Maybe take one incident and write your first story... fictionalize and you don't have to stick to what really happened! The magic of creating, right? Hope you give it a try! You strike me a creative writer!